Saturday, September 27, 2008

Homecoming 2008!!

This is how I know that time is really flying by... it's Homecoming weekend and I could almost swear that I was taking homecoming pictures and sharing them here just a couple of months ago...but it's already been a year! Kyler is going to the dance again this year. Unlike last year HE will be driving! OH MY!! He is going with his girlfriend, Lauren. Connor isn't going this year. It's his first year in High School, and to be honest I really don't think going to the dance ever even crossed his mind. The two of them are soooo different in so many ways!

Well, keeping up with the tradition...here are pics of Kyler's homecoming date's corsage. :o)
This time I didn't actually go myself and hand select everything to be used for the corsage, like I've done before (and know to do from now on!) I do think the corsage is really pretty... but it doesn't match Kyler's tie like I was hoping they would. His date (Lauren) is wearing a all black dress, he's wearing black pants, a slightly shimmery silver/grey dress shirt and a tie with black, the same silver/gray and pink in it. Unfortunately the pink in his tie is a very soft/light pink and the miniature carnation in the corsage is pretty bright/hot pink. :o( I just picked the flowers up a little bit ago...so this not quite matching thing is still stressing me out, but hopefully since Lauren will be in all black and loves pink she'll be pleased with them and the whole not quite matching his tie thing won't be a problem. I'm sure Kyler could care less if the pinks are the same...but it might be enough to worry me all night! LOL! Back later this evening with more pics!!

Edited 09/27/08 to add...

Well I was able to get some really great pictures tonight, but I forgot to ask Lauren's mom if she would mind my posting them here...so until I make sure she doesn't mind, I'll just share a couple of pics of Kyler by himself here. I'm just thinking he's pretty darn handsome! ;o) I don't know...maybe I'm a little partial?? ;o)

Kyler wanted to go by Granny and Sirs before the dance and I knew I wanted to take pictures over there, so that's what we did. Their whole yard is just like an amazing little secret garden! They've done every single bit of the landscaping themselves and it really is awesome! They love to stay busy and always have several projects in the works! The last thing in the world they would dream of doing would be to just sit around and rest! They are keeping themselves young I think by staying so busy! When it comes to the yard they've spent countless hours working on it to get it where it is today. I really love what they've done, but unfortunately, I admit...I did not inherit ANY of their landscaping knowledge, abilities or patience in any way shape or form! When it comes to landscaping or just keeping a plant alive for that matter...I've got nothin' - zip!





That's our boy!!

Edited 09/28/08 to add... Yey! I have the go ahead from Lauren's mom to share pictures of the two of them here! She is a beautiful girl and they looked sooo nice last night! This first photo is one of my favorites!
And this one is another favorite! (ok, ok...actually I love all of the pictures!)
Here he is earlier giving her the corsage.


and some more...



While they were at the dance, naturally I had to play with the photos. :o)


This last one (below) is one of Kyler's favorites. ;o)

2 comments:

renee said...

Beautiful pictures. I can see why your son wanted to go there first. Great post processing too.

Anonymous said...

gorgeous :)