Friday, August 6, 2010

Yey! Something new to add to our, "Make this again!" list!


I made this new (for us) chicken recipe tonight for dinner and it was soooo good! I had actually found the recipe on-line a while back and had saved it, thinking that it sounded like one to definitely try sometime. With the chicken, I served homemade sour cream~mashed potatoes, green beans and dinner rolls. YUM!

I only did two things slightly different than the recipe... I cooked my bacon last night and then today after I had seared my chicken breasts well and had poured the Teriyaki Sauce over them, I allowed them to cool down a bit before placing them in the fridge for about 3 hours. I didn't do this intentionally, to give them extra marinating time in the Teriyaki, but rather because I needed to do some other things this afternoon and it was actually too early to finish preparing them or to start baking them, BUT...they turned out so good and soooo full of flavor that I think I will always do it this way! I also had some fresh chives to sprinkle on top, just before serving

I only share my favorite recipes on here and this one is now a new favorite, so here it is!!

"Bacon ~ Ranch Chicken"

2 tbsp olive oil (or if you are going to make your own bacon bits, cook your bacon first and then use a little bit of your bacon grease here)

2 tbsp butter

6 skinless, boneless chicken breasts, split

1/4 cup teriyaki sauce

1/2 cup Ranch dressing (I used Kraft, "Ranch with Bacon")

1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese

1/2 lb bacon cook, and chopped(or store bought bacon bits)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a large skillet, heat oil & butter (or bacon grease)over medium-high heat. Add chicken breasts, and saute 4 to 5 minutes each side, until lightly browned. Place browned chicken breasts in a 9×13 inch baking dish. Cover with teriyaki sauce and Ranch dressing. Sprinkle with cheese and top with bacon bits. Bake for 25 to 45 minutes, or until chicken is no longer pink and juices run clear.


Super easy and SOOO TASTY!!

No comments: