Monday, February 2, 2009

"Poultry, It's what's for dinner"...

You've seen the commercial. You know the one... for the American Beef Council, where you can't see him, but you hear the voice of Mr. Rockford himself - James Garner where he says, "Beef, it's what's for dinner." That's how you were supposed to read today's subject title above. Did you read it that way? If not - go back and do it over. C'mon, just play along. ;o) It's time for another recipe share. This is what we had for dinner tonight. I've made it once before, but this time I made a few minor adjustments and it went over very well! ;o)

"Ritzy Bow Tie Chicken - Melanie Style"

Chicken Breasts or Chicken Strip Tenders

2 cans cream of chicken soup
(since this is sinfully fattening, go with the Campbells Healthy Request Cream of Chicken soup to help rid yourself of some guilty feelings)
8 oz. Sour Cream
1 sleeve Ritz Crackers (crushed)
1 stick margarine, melted (yes, that's what I said...a whole stick!)
a pinch or two Poppy Seed
a pinch or two parsley
salt and pepper to taste

Bow Tie Pasta

Boil chicken until cooked through and tender. Cool slightly, then cut into bite size pcs. Mix cream of chicken soup with sour cream. ( I add salt and pepper here) Place all chicken pcs. in bottom of greased 9"x13" glass baking dish. Pour soup mixture over top and spread evenly if needed to completely cover chicken. Crush Ritz crackers and sprinkle over top. Melt margarine and drizzle over crushed crackers. I add a little more salt and pepper here as well as my Poppy Seed and Parsley. I followed a recipe before that called for quite a bit of the poppy seed - too much for us. Tonight I added just a pinch. Much better. Would be fine with out the Poppy all together. Bake at 350 for 35 to 40 min.

While chicken is baking, prepare your bow tie pasta as directed on the package. Serve Ritzy Chicken over top of the bow tie pasta. Heavenly... pure comfort food in a Paula Dean kind-a way! I think it goes with out saying... this is NO Weight Watcher's recipe! Enjoy!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

This sounds yummy!! I am going to try it this weekend!

Jennifer H.

Anonymous said...

That looks delicious!

Anonymous said...

LOL!!! I read it correctly the first time!!! btw... isn't Matthew McConaughey doing some of those commercials now? yummy...
~JS