Friday, November 13, 2009

Inspired by others...

THIS is my absolute favorite magazine... "Somerset Life" from Stampington & Company. Stampington & Company is the same publisher to bring us, "Where Women Create" another publication I absolutely LOVE as well as "Apron•logy", "Somerset Studio", "Somerset Memories", and SO MANY MORE! To be honest I don't think I've seen a publication from Stampington (they have 30 or more titles!) that I haven't loved! Issue after issue, page after page... full of what I consider to be some of the most beautiful eye candy ever! I truly can not look at an issue of this magazine with out making little tiny dog ears on the corners of the pages that are filled with ideas that inspire me. The most recent issue (Oct/Nov/Dec 2009 - cover shown above) was no exception! I have looked at this issue a half dozen times already...seeing new things each time!

Honestly, every issue of this magazine is full of ideas I want to try, designed by artists I can't help but admire and many of whom I've actually had the privilege to meet and come to know over the years. Andrea Singarella is one of those Artists who's work inspires me to try new things. In this new issue of "Somerset Life" she has shared her "Bejeweled Bookmarks". I knew instantly when I saw them that I would have to make some of these beautiful, velvet, vintage-like bookmarks. I already had every thing I needed except for ribbon clamps. Those were easy to find (Michael's, jewelry section) and very inexpensive.

Here are some pictures(below)of a couple that I made this evening. While I don't have fabulous vintage jewels such as the ones Andrea used for hers (LOVE THEM! WISH I HAD THEM!) I did have charms and beads in my jewelry making goodies that I think worked perfectly!






I think these will make really sweet little Christmas gifts. They are beautiful, fun to create and inexpensive. Perfect!

1 comment:

kraftyladyincali said...

oh geez..another adorable project im' gonna have to copy!~ when does the madness end?? off to the craft store..again...eek! lol
Jill