Sunday, March 28, 2010

A New Inspiration Journal...

I used to use journals like this on a regular basis, but somehow I went from creative and fun journals I had made to a boring ole school spiral! How inspirational can a boring school spiral note pad be? Not very... so I made a new Inspiration Journal and transferred my information that I had in the spiral over to it.

I love having one special place to keep ideas all together in, so I don't have to reply on my memory! If I see or think of things that I want to do or learn how to do I keep them listed in my Inspiration Journal.

I love using quotes on my layouts and in projects, because sometimes I just don't have any or very much personal journaling to do and there are so many meaningful quotes out there that just seem to work a lot of the time, so those go in here as well.


For the front cover, this time I used old photos of my hubby and myself (Note: his are older than mine! HA!) It seems I am ALWAYS scrapping the boys and doing different things with their photos, so this was kind-of a fun change.

In the notes section... that can be ANYTHING, from sketches that I might do while watching TV or while dinner is cooking, to notes about color combo's I've seen, liked and want to work with at some point as well as notes about specific tools, products or papers that I want to use for particular projects.

I always designate a few pages for jotting down different scrapbooking, crafting or sewing websites that I want to remember and have handy, be it for ideas, patterns, tutorials and inspiration to supply ordering info. and log-in information. It's just nice to have all of these things in one spot. I have a few favorite Blogs listed here and a few phone numbers and contact names as well.


When designing the front cover I made a little spot for a tag to slide in and out of. I covered both his photo and this tag that has my photo on it with a page protector that I cut to size.

Inside the front cover I have a quote that I absolutely love! This quote was on the front of a greeting card I have had for years and years and even though it doesn't actually coordinate with the colors and papers I was using here I left it as it was.


In the "To Do" section I have my "Craft Bucket List" of things I want to do or learn how to do! I spent the other night transferring all of these things over from the spiral while watching "Housewives" on BRAVO. HA! I added a bunch of my little "Melanie Doodles" through out the list, just 'cuz I'm goofy like that!

And there you have it, my new and improved Inspiration Journal! A lot more inspiring than the old spiral note pad!


Materials used:
K & Company Blank Hard-cover Spiral Journal
Daisy D's Papers
Tag Maker & Tape
A few K & Company stickers and embellishments
Buttons & thread
Tab Maker Punch

2 comments:

Tracy said...

Wow this "note book" is a work of art all in its self.
I love it.
Very creative

Scrapbrat1 said...

This is simply gorgeous! I love that you used childhood pics of you and your hubby. I also love the shape of this journal and, well, everything about it!!