Thursday, June 24, 2010

Would you care for some Sweet Tea!!

I LOVE Sweet Tea and I know some of you do too, because we've chatted about it before or drank some together! I literally crave the stuff! I decided I was buying too many and wanted to start making my own. Here is the recipe I am using and now swear by!! It's so, so good!! It's really quick and easy to make and honestly this tea tastes every bit as good as ANY sweet tea I have had if not BETTER! No more drive-thru's for me! Note: I think the KEY to this recipe is bringing the water& tea bags to a boil and then completely disolving your sugar in it afterwards, so be sure to stir really well!

The cup in the photo is from Bed, Bath & Beyond. (here in town, they are right in the front of the store as soon as you walk in. Use a coupon!!) The cups look like To-Go-Cups but they are a re-useable sturdy/heavy weight clear plastic with a sturdy plastic screw on lid and straw...AND they are dishwasher safe!

Home-made Sweet Tea and a cool not-so to-go-cup... My two newest summer-time friends!

No comments: