Thursday, July 1, 2010

Seriously, I can't believe I am doing this...again after all these years!

The photo above is a sketch that my oldest gave me to transfer onto a shirt via fabric paint for him to wear on the 4th of July to our annual 4th of July Party. Yes, I said my oldest. I know what you are thinking. I thought the same thing! Then his girlfriend Lauren also asked me to paint a 4th of July shirt for her to wear as well!

I down-played their requests for a day or two, thinking that surely they were teasing me because I used to paint holiday shirts for the boys when they were little for darn near every holiday I could. But, they were serious so, here I am...painting shirts again, like I did years and years ago! Pretty funny, hunh?

So, Kyler sketched the front of his(see above), the back and both sleeves. (his is stressing me out, because it came with instructions, both verbal and visual!) Lauren is letting me do what ever I want for her shirt, so that one I am excited about. ;o) I'm thinking a big Patriotic Peace Sign, hearts, flowers, fireworks etc.
The photo above shows how far i am on Kyler's so far. I have a lot more to add to it (per his specific instructions! HA!), but I'm getting there. He did give me freedom to make *minor* changes to his sketch, like I did with the red flames. ;o) A firecracker or two, some fireworks, a skull (don't ask me why a skull, I can't even begin to explain it!) and the words, "U.S.A. Kicks A%#" are supposed to be on here as well! LOL! I really thought my painting on shirts days were looooong behind me! Go figure!

No comments: