Friday, January 25, 2008

If you love clear stamps like I do...

then you just might love this product too! Another thing that I love is to see different ways other scrappers store their supplies. I love to look at scraprooms on-line and storage ideas that have been shared on-line as well. I have a thing for organizational products. I think it's a deep desire that I have to be MUCH more organized than I am! Anyway I like to see what works for other people and I sometimes find some really neat ideas on storage from other scrappers who have shared how they do things. So today I am going to share something I love with you! (To see larger views of any of the photos, just click on the photo itself) Also, links to where you can purchase some of these things will be at the end of my post. :o)

My mom gave me this organizational tote that has been designed for clear or unmounted stamps for Christmas. It is from "Skipping Stones Design" and I really LOVE it! The folks at Skipping Stones call it their large "S Purse", and describe it as storage for stamps & scraps. I am pretty sure my mom ordered this one from QVC. If you click on the link above you can see a photo on their website that shows even more details of the inside than I am showing you here. This company also has some very cool clear stamps available! If you check them out, be sure to check out the set they call "Stamp Out Cancer". I've decided I MUST have that set. 10% of their net proceeds on the sales of that set are being donated to breast cancer research. My mother is a breast cancer survivor, so this is a cause I love to support and love to see companies within the Scrapbooking industry support as well!

I was using the $1 document boxes from Target for my clear stamps before getting this S Purse. I liked storing them that way for a while, but even though the document boxes are fairly thin and stackable, they weren't very cute or practical to take to crops etc. This is really pretty, very well made and perfect to grab and take with you to crops!

If you know me or you have read my blog for very long, you may know by now that when I like something I tend to REALLY like it and get really excited about it. I also have this habit of wanting the rest of the world to reeeeeally like it too, what ever it is. (I know some of you may be laughing right now because you know how TOTALLY TRUE this is!) So...if you love clear stamps, have quite a collection and occasionally want to travel with them to crops etc. keep reading! If that's not you... then you are about to be bored out of your gourd, because I am about to go on & on about this thing!

Ok, the photo above shows you the front of the purse ( I call it a tote, but for Skipping Stones I will call it a purse, since they call it a purse!) It's really pretty and very nicely made! Sturdy stuff!

This photo (above) shows you how the purse closes. The latch snaps and it's locked tight! The purse is a tri-fold and this latch is very sturdy with a long adjustable strap. I have it pulled tight here. It has a lot of give available that I am not even using in the photo.

This photo shows a view from one of the two open ends while the purse is closed. Look at alllll of those yummy clear stamps this baby is already holding! :o)



The three photos above show the first group of stamps that I have in mine. They are in a "Zip-N-Flip" page from "Cropper Hopper. Ahhh, I love this little organizational doo-dad! It's designed to hold a LOT of little goodies with out a LOT of bulk and it really works! I have a lot of the "Studio G" $1 stamp sets from Michaels in these pockets - a set in both the front and back side of each pocket! Love the Zip-N-Flip! :o)

Ok, this next photo was taken to show you one of the zip pocket pages that come with this purse. I think there are 6 that come with it. They are a really nice, heavy weight, kind of durable quality. Good stuff!

This photo above shows more of the Studio G $1 stamp sets. This time the sets are being stored in a baseball-card, style page protector, which is perfect for these little sets! You can fit two sets in each pocket (one set visible on each side of the protector)so one protector sheet will easily hold 19 stamps sets! (I placed little squares of pink cardstock in between the two sets in each pocket to separate them so you can see each set clearly with out seeing the set that lies behind. Kinda-a cute too. ;o)

Ok, this last photo shows what I did for most of my "Autumn Leaves" stamp sets and other sets that are about that size. (approx 5"x7"). They are in regular clear page protectors, but since they are not 8"x10" they float around in the page protectors (and that floating bugged me) so I cut the page protectors in half, using the bottom half and pitching the top. Two stamp sets go inside each 1/2 size protector with a plain white sheet of paper between the two to separate them. (they just look better that way. ;o) I rotate the way they are inserted in the purse's three-rings so one uses the top and middle rings and the next uses the middle and bottom rings. This works kind of like the Cropper Hopper Zip-N-Flip, in that you keep the bulk to a minimum so you can get as much in the binder as possible.

I've already *traveled* with this twice since Christmas and I really love it! Everything stays put, it's easy to take on the go and it's much more attractive than some other simular organizers I have seen out there. It also nice at home to just be able to grab this when looking for clear stamps to use. Mine will stay loaded for that reason!

So...if you stayed with me this far...did I succeed in making you love it too! ;o) If so...here is a place where you can find the Skipping Stones S Purse and here is where you can find the Cropper Hopper "Zip-N-Flip".

By the way, I am in no way affiliated with Skipping Stones or Cropper Hopper! I'm just sharing something that I'm loving right now with you - that's all!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is FABULOUS!!!! Thanks for sharing!

toners said...

Awesome product! TFS!

Anonymous said...

I think you exceeded your bandwidth...lol