Flippin' Out for Summer!!
Ok, I know it's technically not really summer yet...but yesterday was the last day of school, so in my mind summer is here! ;o) What better way is there to start the summer off than with a new and colorful palette of Old Navy Flip Flops!? Well, if you didn't already know, today was Flip Flop Dollar Day at Old Navy.
Sooo many fun colors to choose from for just $1.00! I love color and I am seriously beginning to think I just have a thing for multiples. Multiples of anything fun, happy and colorful can't be bad...especially at only $1 each, right?! ;o) I confess I had not ever experienced a dollar flip flop day at Old Navy until today. I know, I know...I've been living under a rock! I'm not new to flip flops mind you... I was just new to this particular gathering of flip flop fanatics - in one place - at one time- for the exact same reason. I'm just going to go out on a limb here and guesstimate how many people where at the same Old Navy store that I was at this morning around 9:00 A.M.... hmmm... easily 1.4 million! ;o)
So, needless to say after the intense decision making that one is required to do at a moment like this in regards to what colors were the must haves and what colors would be left behind (again I will guesstimate... this step in the whole flip flop process took me maybe 45 minutes... ok, maybe an hour - or longer of mind-changing before I truly felt I was ready to commit!) - I then joined one half of that 1.4 million flip flop crowd that I mentioned earlier to stand in line to buy my dollar flip flops that I had just spent at least 45minutes to an hour - or longer selecting! This gave me a lot of time to think. It was far too chaotic to think of seriously important things, so I opted for entirely unimportant things that today, at that very moment would actually seem quite important or even necessary, like where my next stop would be. Yes, next on the ever important to do list...would definitely be TOE NAIL POLISH and cotton balls! Then and only then would my Flip Flop Dollar Day mission be complete. As I stood in line I admit I was wondering just how many of those 1.4 million people would also be making a bee-line from Old Navy to Beauty Brands or CVS for polish. ;o)
Well it wasn't a scrappy day, but it was a colorful day and a great way to start Summer! I think I'll do it again next year!






















1 comment:
Dying...I missed flip-flop day! How could I??? Sounds wonderful!!! Isn't Summer Grand! Miss you!!!
Post a Comment