Friday, May 1, 2009

I haven't been holding out...

Honestly, I haven't been. Since my last blog update I hadn't been at all scrapductive. So I had no pics to share. Zippo...nadda, that is until last weekend! Last Saturday I spent the day with my good friend Jeanne at an all day Crop. Finally I had the chance to get scrappy! I spent the whole day working on a couple of layouts that I had no photos for. Sound strange??? Well you see, I had to leave the Crop for just a hour or two late that afternoon to take pictures. I stopped to print some off and headed back to the Crop to add them to my layouts! Hows that for scrapbooking-up to the moment!!?? My oldest son went to his High School Prom and that is what I was taking pics of and scrapping. All in the same day! They both looked so nice that night and soooo grown up! They had a great time and made it home safe and sound! ;o)

Here are a few more pics...







I also have fun photos of the boys recent Birthday cakes. I got the best idea one night (in the middle of the night, naturally!) They both are never with out their Ipods, so I decided to design personalized Ipod birthday cakes for each of them that look just like their own! Kyler's was first. Here it is on paper... (this was also the front of the birthday card I made for him) And here is the actual cake...


Connor's was 4 weeks later. Here is his on paper...

And here is his actual cake...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW!! Love the cakes! You are so creative! I can't believe they are already 16 and 17! The prom pictures are great!

Jennifer H.

Anonymous said...

Melanie!
How are you? I cannot believe you have teenagers!

Love the prom pix and the birthday cakes!

Alicia Stuckey