In the works...
Here we have the giblets for two soon to be new aprons! I'm playing with felt for these, making little felt pins for the aprons that can be easily removed before tossing the aprons in the laundry. 

The buttons aren't sewn on my little bee yet, but that's where they are going. For my felt pins, I drew a little bee and a couple of pumpkins freehand on white cardstock for my patterns. I pinned the patterns to my felt and cut the shapes out with nice sharp fabric scissors. ;o) I have a little thin layer of quilt batting in between my pumpkin and bee felt pieces to kind of *pillow them up* a bit before stitching them together. The pin backs are then attached to the back of each. Easy-peasy!
MUCH to my surprise I have been getting orders for my aprons! ME...someone who went 40+ years not having a clue as to how to sew! I find this very ironic! LOL! I am going to try to get everyone ordering an apron from me to sign a waiver...I need them to promise not too look closely at the stitching. They are much nicer admired from afar! ;o) I still only know how to sew aprons, but I honestly think of them the same way I do my scrapbooking, I mix and match fabrics like I have papers all of these years and I add cute things to the aprons in the same way I embellished my scrapbooking pages or cards all of these years. To me it's scrappy, but with fabric. Crazy I know.






















No comments:
Post a Comment