Monday, December 17, 2007

Happy Holidays!!

Well it's coming awfully darn quick isn't it?? Yikes! We still have so many things to do...shopping, baking, all of the wrapping etc. and the days are going by sooo fast! Why is it that Christmas seems to come SO MUCH sooner every year? Remember when you were a kid and it seriously seemed like it took all of TWO years for Christmas to come!?

I have to say though that I did more on-line Christmas shopping this year so far than EVER before and I'm pretty much loving it! Up until now i have not done too much on-line ordering *at all*! I haven't stepped one foot into a mall yet this Christmas season! Isn't that almost crazy!? We're over half-way finished with our shopping and it doesn't look like I'm going to need to go to a mall at all!

I think you miss out on some of the "holiday spirit" by doing the shopping on line though. You know, the hustle & bustle of the crowds, the Christmas music playing in the back ground of every store you go into and the *smells* of Christmas in the malls and stores. I don't think I've been as full of Christmas Spirit this year and that might be part of the reason. BUT, on the other hand - by shopping on-line...I've also been able to miss the traffic, the search around and around the store or mall parking lots for parking spaces, the long lines to the registers and the traipsing around the stores all bundled up in my winter coat feeling as if it were 105 degrees! LOL! I think I can happily play my own Christmas music in the background, light a Yankee "Gingerbread" scented candle and do some more on-line shopping! ;o)

The two layouts above have darling photos of my friend Tammy's little girl, "Gracie" from a couple of years ago. I'm just sharing them here today because I don't think I have shared them before. I know when I did them I wasn't able to share the new lines yet. The first one was designed with proto-types from K&Company's Christmas line and the second was designed with proto-types from Daisy D's Christmas line. Grace is so adorable! We just received a Christmas card today with *new* pictures of her that are sooo cute!

The mitten photo is another little chipboard mitten book that I added to my Etsy shop. This one comes with extra papers to be used in decorating the white mitten pages already included or to use for adding additional pages to the book.

Well it's time for me get dinner ready. People with empty stomaches are starting to hunt me down with the usual, "What are we having??" question! :o)

No comments: