Wednesday, June 24, 2009

< I made this card this morning for a really sweet friend of mine who was just recently diagnosed with breast cancer and underwent a double mastectomy just two days ago. My plan is to flood her mailbox with handmade cards over the summer in hopes of brightening her days just a little with notes of hope and encouragement from a friend. ;o) I'm all too familiar with breast cancer and I really hate that once again a sweet, kind, fun and just all around fabulous person is having to fight the fight, but I know she will give it all she has and come out on top! ;o)

The two photos below are the result of a few minutes of feeling scrappy the other night. Last week, while going through my downstairs scraproom I stumbled upon this pretty cigar box hidden in a drawer with a bunch of scrapping goodies. I received this little box (originally filled with small scrapbooking embellishments) several years ago, when I was submitting my work to some of the magazines for publication. Why I had just tucked it away in a drawer and didn't keep it out, use it or do something fun with it until now is beyond me - I pulled it out of the drawer and set it aside. A day or two later I was getting ready to go to bed and as I was shutting the lights off the pretty little box caught my eye again. The next thing I knew... the lights were back on and I was sitting at my scrap table making a little fabric yo-yo, digging through my flowers to find the perfect one and pulling out other little goodies to decorate my box with. Yes, it was more than likely midnight when I started this little project - but at the time it seemed like it needed (LOL!) to be done and done right then and there! So typical for me! Anyway, while it was pretty before , it's now going to remain out filled with fun little scrapping goodies again instead of hidden away in a drawer!

I'm still playing around with the photo editing and growing rather obsessed with it I might add! ;o) This photo below is my latest little diddy... Connor and his dog, Riley. Fun stuff! (click on the photo for a better look!) It kind of has that, "Where's Waldo?" vibe to it. ;o)

Last but not least... a couple of new pictures of Kyler (below). I talked him into letting me take a few pics the other day to play around with. If you think he looks crabby... that might be because HE WAS! It was approximately 210 degrees out, the sun was in his eyes no matter what direction he faced and I kept telling him to stop squinting! I don't know WHY he would be crabby though, do you?! :oP

No comments: