Ok, so ...Apron #2 was actually going to be apron #3, but....
the pattern and instructions looked so fun & easy, that I couldn't wait to try it, so apron #3 is now finished before what was going to be #2 has even been started! LOL! Did you follow that? Long story short... the pink & black apron I posted before pics of yesterday is next on the agenda still, because this one jumped ahead and was created last night. Yes, last night. While all of God's normal children were sleeping I was up in the wee hours of the morning making this!
In one of my Apron & apron pattern searches the other night I stumbled upon a "One Hour Apron" tutorial by Jona Giammalva. You can see her tutorial here.
An apron IN AN HOUR!!!!!!!! OH MY! I HAD to try it!
Now, keep in mind I have VERY LITTLE sewing experience and I knew that for *me* this would not be a one hour project. I guesstimated that it may take *me* between 2 and 3 hours at best. I did work very slowing, reading every single instruction very carefully before making a move. I spent a good 3+ hours on mine, but... (here come my excuses!) a lot of that time was cutting raveled strings from the fabric (for this apron and the next apron I plan to make)after it came out of the dryer, ironing and re-ironing (fabrics for again, both aprons), designing a pocket and running around the house looking for things to decorate my pocket with. ;o) I made a fabric yo-yo, picked out buttons and ribbon and then I turned a K & Company scrapbooking decorative charm into a pin and pinned it to the pocket. (the "Inspire" pin).
The actual assembling and sewing of the apron itself, after the prep work had been done and with out pocket creativity time included would really actually be an hour I think. I love the simplicity of Jona's tutorial and I really do love how it turned out! I'll definitely be making more of this style! I'm thinking these will be great little Christmas gifts. ;o)






















No comments:
Post a Comment