My day off...

I had the day off from work today and THIS is what I did!
When I woke up we had a lot of beautiful brand new white snow on the ground and it was still falling from the sky! It was so pretty! We've gotten a lot of snow this year, but I am still not tired of it! I love it...especially when I don't have to go anywhere! That's the best!
These are little Valentine felt pins. I got it in my head just last night that I was going to make these. I made 2 before going to bed and more (not all shown) today. I had no idea at first, if these would turn out as cute in real life as they were in my head last night, so I had to start on them right away to find out!
The coolest part...I'm using my Big Shot machine to cut the hearts out of felt. Loving this! It's SO EASY and a perfect cut every time! Then I am sewing buttons, beads - and other little goodies on the front heart before placing it over the back heart to sew the two together. Just before I finish sewing them I'm stuffing them with polyfill, then I finish stitching them close before sewing a small safety pin to the back. It doesn't sound at all difficult and it's not...but they sure take me a long time to do! Long enough that I am not even going to confess how long one takes me! I'm loving it though, very relaxing!























2 comments:
those felt hearts are the sweetest- such a cute idea!
Popping by to say Hi! I have missed seeing all your creativity and watching your boys grow. Happy Heart Day!!! Kara
Post a Comment