Tuesday, August 21, 2007

WOW! A whole week!!!

I can't even believe it myself?! I think that's the longest I've gone with out blogging since I started! I bet you are REALLY sick of seeing those buttons by now, eh?! LOL!

Needless to say I've been way busy! So many things going on, from school starting for the boys and all that involves. Lots & lots of Football related things going on here these days, from practices many two-a-days, two different teams, two different schools, two different schedules, to Football picnics, fundraisers you name it.

Since the boys started Pre-School I have been taking First Day of school pictures. This is the first year that one boy had to get up at 5:00 for Football practice and didn't exactly want to play the let's go outside and take pictures game. So I missed the first day shots of him. Then the other one told me he didn't want to take pictures on his first day either because, as he put it, "It's getting annoying." LMBO! So on the actual first day of school I completely struck out. BUT...I am not above bribery. So for two packs of Sugarless gum...I managed to get these shots on the 3rd day of school for this child...


I'm not sure how much a smile would have cost me, but it evidently was not included in the Sugarless Gum package deal!

Could he LOOK any more thrilled!!?? Note the BIG lookin' jeans. Not the *big dirty lookin'* jeans on this particular day, just the big lookin' ones. :o)

Now on day number two my oldest, gave me a couple of shots and leave it to me, to press my luck. I went back in for more on day number 4! ;o) He again obliged me.

I think it was purely out of pity for me, but never the less he played along. I took maybe 6 shots and he never stopped talking or laughing once! This is basically the best I could get! As I was taking the pictures he was explaining to me in great detail how he intends to NOT marry a woman who owns a camera! Smart *&^!

Let's see, we also had a nice visit from my Mother In law from Texas for a couple of days this past week. She just left yesterday. And while all of those things are going on I'm also getting ready for a class next week, and doing design work for K&Co., all pretty much at the same time! LOL! Daisy D's work should be here any day too. Just a crazy time of year I guess. ;o)

The recipe page above at the top of this post, is one that we're doing in this months Kitschy Scraps class at "Wishes of the Heart". The patterned paper is from Daisy D's, "Beacon Hill" collection. Every recipe page we're doing this month in class will be using Daisy D's papers. The other 5 recipes are all from the brand spanking newest Daisy D's lines that are just now hitting the stores! I love them all! I think this month's recipes pages are all going to be really *pretty*! I love all of the new papers I'm using!!

For those of you who have been calling to order recipe kits each month and have not set up a standing order for future kits... I am making a few more kits than usual this month. Not many, just a few extras. If you want to order this months kit, you can do so by calling Melody at Wishes, phone number 913-667- 3323. She'll be sending this months kits out next week after the class.

Ok, new topic... this coming Saturday is my parents 45th Wedding Anniversary! How cool is that!? I'm trying to come up with a neat gift idea...but I'm not doing very well at it. I'm actually kind of stumped! I'd love to hear any ideas you guys might have! My brother, his wife and the four of us are getting together with them on Friday night to celebrate with them. I know...I don't have a lot of time to come up with something, but I need to. :o( They are thinking of making a little road trip back to the little church where they got married in Iowa on Saturday. Isn't that neat? I think it would be so awesome if a young couple was there getting married! ;o) Ok, so... if you have any neat gift ideas, please leave me a comment!! Kind of hard I know - since you don't know them. Heck it's hard for me this time and I certainly know them! LOL!

Well everyone is in bed now and I think I still have a couple of good hours in me, so I better get back to working on my class kits! Have a great week!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you're back. I was starting to get worried about you....and I am tired of looking at those buttons!! LOL.

Anonymous said...

Your boys look great!!! If it makes you feel any better Jack who is going in 3rd grade gave me a hard time about pictures also. Mostly when I started taking them at school in front of all his friends:) I can't believe how big your puppy has gotten...he is adorable! I don't have any ideas for a gift for your parents, but congratulations to them!!!!!

Jennifer H.

Colleen said...

Wow! Congrats to your parents on their anniversary! And I love the pics and the comment your son made about marrying a woman without a camera!! hee hee

Alyssa said...

way cute recipe layout!