Wednesday, August 1, 2007

If you weren't able to make it....

to my recipe class last night, this is a little sample of what you missed. ;o) I brought a piece home with me last night and enjoyed it for breakfast this morning. ( there I go again showing you photos of my food! LOL)

Each month in my "Kitschy Scraps" recipe page class at "Wishes of the Heart", we actually sample one of the recipes at the end of class. Last night we sampled the "Pretzel Fruit Pizza" shown above. It was delicious! As far as the assorted fruit goes, this time we only used peaches and grapes and it was still seriously delicious!

You can see the recipe page on my post made 07/25/07, but below is the actual recipe for you to try! The saltiness from the pretzel crust combined with the fresh fruit and topping sweetness work so well together! This is a perfect summer time dessert! Enjoy!

Pretzel Fruit Pizza

3 C. finely crushed pretzels
2/3 C. sugar
1 ¼ C cold butter
1 can (14 oz.) sweetened
Condensed milk
¼ C. lime juice
1 T. grated lime peel
1 ½ C. whipped topping
7 to 8 C. assorted fresh fruit

In a bowl, combine pretzels and sugar; mix well
Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse
crumbs. Press crumbs into a 14-in. pizza pan. Bake
at 375 for 8 to 10 minutes or until set. Cool on
a wire rack; refrigerate for 30 minutes. Meanwhile,
in a bowl, combine milk, lime juice and peel. Fold in
whipped topping; spread over crust. Cover and
chill. Top with assorted fruit just before serving

Edited this afternoon to add...

Oh boy!! Guess who just figured out this morning how to list things on Ebay!?! ME!! :o)

I attempted this about 3 years ago, but seriously I couldn't quite figure it all out. I was way intimidated by the whole listing process and never went anywhere with it...until this morning. I signed on this morning and I'm not sure why but today it was easy to figure out! Maybe...just maybe I am a little smarter with the computer than I was 3 years ago?? LOL! Who knows.
Anyway. I have 4 scrappy things listed so far! I'm still learning big time...so you might notice things I've goobered up that I don't know about yet. But...this is just one more step outside of my tiny little box! LOL!

My ebay user name is "Strawberry Hill Creations". Wondering where in the heck I came up with that name?? Well...when I was growing up my mom had a little business, she is an UBER talented artist and mega crafty, anyway we lived at the very bottom of a big hill, yet our house sat high on top of a hill. My mom collected Strawberry things during my entire childhood. We had a strawberry kitchen, a strawberry bathroom and strawberry living room, strawberry wall paper, a custom made strawberry sofa...(which I have today!) you name it! When she decided to give her little business a name she named it, "Strawberry Hill Creations". We no longer live in the same state, she no longer has a business but the memories from 30+ years ago,growing up in that house on the hill, when she had her little business and even adorable business cards she designed herself with strawberries on them are still very sweet.

At the time I joined EBay years ago I was thinking that I was going to try my hand at a little business and wanted to use that name. ;o) So...that's where it came from. :o)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That pizza was SOOOOO GOOD!!! I am making one this weekend!!

Kara Ward said...

Yummy Yum Yum....save me a piece. Kara

Colleen said...

Looks and sounds tasty! Good luck with EBay!

Anonymous said...

i want to see a picture of your strawberry sofa.