Happy Friday!!
This was one busy week! I'm pretty excited to have the weekend in sight. This is a five day weekend for the boys, which for me translates to...We are about to go through approx. 3 to 4 gallons of milk and several loaves of bread in a just a few short days! LOL! They both went to Wal-Mart with me yesterday (ok, I know...that wasn't the smartest move I've made recently!) Naturally I ended up spending much more than I would have...had I been alone! As if that wasn't painful enough...I took them to lunch afterwards! Teenage boys... yep, we're officially in the world of...large this, double that, "Yes mom, I can really eat two!" and super-size those please! ;o)
After we came home I was checking my e-mail and saw that all of my St. Patty's Day cards in my Etsy shop had sold while we were gone! (which for me at that moment, translated into..."Whooo-hoo!! Momma just made milk and bread money for the next few days with these teenage boys!!" LOL! The St. Patty's card above is a new one I made last night to add to my shop. I hope to get some more done this weekend while I also work on Recipe class kits.
Remember several days ago I mentioned I had sorted and organized a ton (as in HUNDREDS!!) of my chipboard letters? Well, I'm really loving my letters in the in-expensive storage containers I found to use for them so I wanted to share my find here, just incase anyone else has a scrappy-storage need these might help with! I had sooo many boxes and packages of Chipboard letters it was crazy because I wasn't using them near as much as I could or should. They weren't very handy in their own boxes. So I thought if I could get them organized into one place that was more visable and easier to access and I would use them more often. (That's the plan anyway.)
What I originally went looking for was a big plastic drawer unit that was approx. 32"W x 22H" with 24 drawers and cost over $26 AND I was going to have to buy spray paint it because it was none too cute and I knew I wouldn't be able to live with it the way it was. ;o) Once I saw them in person I quickly decided that was much more $$ than I wanted to spend, and they were way too big for my *space* at home. Much too big to have on my table and not something I wanted to hang on the wall and not something I would be able to grab and take to a CROP. So...I kept searching.
I found these Snap-ware containers at Target for $6! They are PERFECT for the massive amount of chipboard letters I have and it will be very easy to add another unit later if needed! The divided trays are perfect for sorting and storing the letters. I labeled each little section with letter stickers of the corresponding chipboard letters to be stored in that section. Most sections have two letters in them and a couple have three. The large-open trays hold chipboard shapes and decorated themed chipboard pcs. perfectly.
The two trays with divided sections each have two neat lift-off lids, which just helps to keep everything in it's place. A very nice plus considering the amount of time it took to sort approx. 20 BOXES of chipboard letters!! :oP
So when you lift off the little blue lids this is what you see.
The storage system that I went looking for was not going to be something that could be easily taken to a CROP or moved from spot to spot at home, and it turned out to be much more expensive than I wanted to go with, but this in-expensive storage alternative is absolutely perfect for doing both of those things! I love the fact that when I want to take them to a crop I can just take the sections I want and leave what ever I don't need to take, here at home. You've just gotta love it when you find something very in-expensive that really does the trick! Have a great weekend!!






















2 comments:
Those are great!!! I don't have nearly as many as you so right now they are sorted by letter in a recipe box with recipe cards dividing them....however...I have about maxed out on two boxes...I will definitely keep this in mind
Great idea!!! Thanks for sharing!
Post a Comment