Monday, February 18, 2008

Something new to Strawberry Hill!!!

I've had this little idea rolling around in my head for a couple of months now. I really wanted to design a bunch and then list them in my little Etsy shop all at once. But...things just kept popping up and the *design a bunch* part didn't happen. I *did* go ahead and design two and list them! (see the photo above) Just looks like a card hunh? (so you are wondering why the big deal...I ALWAYS make cards and share them here, right??) Well here's the deal...these aren't your typical greeting cards. These cards have a little gift included! They are Recipe Greeting Cards!!

Each card is designed with a pocket inside that holds a removable recipe. Future cards will hold recipes to cover an entire meal, from the Appetizer to the Dessert! I'll be designing and adding recipe greeting cards to my shop on a on-going basis and just like anything else that I make, I'll welcome special, custom orders! I'll even use customers special recipes they want to share with others in one of a kind Recipe Greeting Cards! Custom order cards can be occasion specific, such as "Thank you!", "Happy Birthday!" etc. or designed to be suitable for any occasion, like the two I've designed so far. I love doing recipe pages, I have a bazillion recipes and one of my favorite things to make are greeting cards, so this just seemed like a no brainer to combine them all together!

Ok, so I know this idea may not be "Donny Deutsch BIG IDEA" Live the American Dream - worthy, but I'm still excited about it. ;o) Am I crazy? Will anyone go for these?? (By the way, Donny says to keep right on going even if people tell you that you are crazy! LOL!)

4 comments:

Samantha said...

I think it's a great idea.

Jessi Nagy said...

cute stuff! love your new banner
oxoox
jessi

Anonymous said...

mel..you make me laugh...it IS a great idea

CraftyHourMom said...

foudn your blog via myspringpea (amy)... you do fabulous work! i think i've "met" you in one of the variations of the no-poo thread on etsy...maybe "who cares?" anyway, i love your idea for cards with recipes! can't wait to see em in your shop!