Monday, February 11, 2008

Top O' the Morn To Ya!

I know, I know...it seems like I am always rushing past one holiday on to the next holiday here on my blog! Can't help it. It's a little A.D.D. - what can I say? Even though I start making things for the *next* holiday early it seems like things always come up and I never to make as much as I want to. Case in point...Valentines Day. I wanted to make a bunch of cards to put in my Etsy shop (Strawberry Hill). I did make some early and I even listed them in my shop for a day or two, but then they went to K & Company and then other things and commitments came up and I never did get around to making near all of the Valentine things I had hoped to and now it's too late. :o( Same thing happened with Christmas. I didn't have enough time to make near as many Christmas things as I wanted to. My wheels are always spinning and ideas are constantly popping into my head of things I really want to make...it just seems that free-time doesn't match up with all of the ideas like I want it to!

So here I am again trying to start early with some St. Patty's Day cards. I LOVE St. Patrick's Day. When I was little my mom made pretty much all of my clothes. She made me dresses for every holiday. This was long before girls wore pants to school so I always had special green dresses for St Patty's Day. When my boys were little I painted holiday sweat shirts or t-shirts for them for nearly every holiday! ( Relax, I think they have fully recovered!) I didn't know how to sew, but I loved to draw, so I painted them for as loooong as I could get away with it! ;o)

We have a huge St. Patrick's Day parade here in Kansas City each year. Do I go?? Nope, never have. Bars all over Kansas City are selling Green Beer and having special celebrations on that day. Do I go to any of them? Nope, never have. (not a fan of beer anyway) BUT...I still love St. Patrick's Day! :o) I love Irish music, I love Irish accents (BIG TIME!) I love things made in Ireland (totally love watching QVC when they have all day "Things from Ireland" specials on) and I love St. Patty's Day decorations. So...I could not wait to make some St. Patty's day cards for my shop! Now I'm just hoping that I get time to make more!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful cards and I really like the face lift on the page...muah!!!!