Sunday, July 12, 2009

I have two more pictures to share of new jewelry creations from this past week. Still playing with beads! ;o)


Now, take a look if you will at the sweet little face in the photo below. Look at his big brown eyes. Doesn't he look like a sweet dog who could do no wrong?


Oh how misleading a sweet face and big brown puppy eyes can be! THIS is what he did just the other day!

He had to pull this binder out of my scrapbooking tote in order to chew it up! It wasn't left out mind you! It was safely put away! ;o) Ok, so dogs tend to chew things up from time to time. I know. And this is only a binder, a very inexpensive and easy to replace little ole binder. Luckily I can't even remember the last time he did something like this... but unfortunately he didn't stop there! This was next...



Not quite sure just what you are looking at there?? Well those are close-up shots of what are now missing chunks out of the top zipper of my Crop In Style XXL Tote!! I know for a fact that Riley, the Golden is the one who committed these naughty dog acts, however I suspect that Bodacious may have known something or possibly served as an accomplice in some way, because he is lying extra low today and looking pretty guilty, don't you think?

Ok, hold on because I'm about to do a complete 180-topic change.

I know we've all been hearing a lot of Michael Jackson's songs being played all over the TV, radio etc. for more than a week now, since his death. I guess no matter what the topic, no matter what the incident or who the celebrity is... there are always several different camps of people. We never all agree. As far as Michael Jackson goes, I'm in the camp of people who have never really considered themselves to be a big fan, but still never the less I thought he was amazingly talented and enjoyed many of his songs over the years. Even though I never really considered myself a BIG fan, I was a fan. I loved watching him perform and I was reminded of that in the past week with all of the concert and video footage being shown on TV. I grew up buying the Tiger Beat and other Teen Heart-throb magazines with my allowance, as well as records and albums. I had Jackson Five posters on my wall right next to my Osmond Brothers posters! LOL!

Regardless of the personal problems that he very publicly went through over recent years I still love to watch him dance and still love several of his songs. The song, "The Man In The Mirror" is one that I loved as soon as I heard it for the first time, years ago. I remember exactly what I was doing the first time I heard it...strange as it sounds. I was in my car and I remember hearing it, loving it and calling my husband and telling him about it while holding the phone up to my car radio so he could hear it before it was over! LOL! I can't help but laugh just thinking about it now. ;o) I'm pretty sure he (my husband) completely played along and said something like, "Ummm...Yea, sounds pretty cool." whether he really thought so or not. ;o) just to go along with me - he still does that, today! ;o)

Siedah Garrett wrote "The Man In the Mirror" with Michael and in the video clip below from last week, she sings the song with the Agape International Choir as a tribute to Michael. Honestly, I just don't know how anyone could not be touched watching and listening to this. Personally, I think it's too beautiful not to share...

2 comments:

Kara Ward said...

Love your newest jewelry...You amaze me. Your dog has me laughing so hard...they can be so sweet and so naughty at the same time...Kara

kraftyladyincali said...

wow, you are multitalented! why didn't i find your blog sooner? it's now bookmarked so i can drool!