Monday, July 13, 2009

Oh dear... something new to do!

Years and years ago when my friend Deb first showed me how to make a basic bracelet, over lunch one day at work, I quickly found myself into making them for a while. I've mentioned my little phases here before and I would have to say bracelet making was one of those.

At the time my amazingly artistic and talented mother just happened to have a bunch of pretty beads and random jewelry findings that she passed on to me. I think she had thought about making jewelry at one time and changed her mind or something?? It was a big bag full of goodies. Unfortunately at the time I only knew how to make bracelets and I wasn't really trying to make anything else, so a lot of what she gave me wasn't things I was using or even knew how to use for that matter, but... I kept everything together in that bag all of these years.

Last night I was making several gift bracelets for girlfriends and started thinking about ear-rings, wondering if I'd be able to figure them out. I've done the bracelets, the necklaces and rings. Ear-rings seemed like the natural next step. ;o) I knew that I had ear-ring making materials in my bag of goodies from my mom, so having never made an ear-ring before I jumped on "You Tube" and searched for tutorials on how to make them. ;o) There are several out there and they looked like a piece of cake to make so I decided I would give them a try. It was too late to get started (even for me) by the time I was done watching a couple tutorials and everything so I decided to wait until morning. Now here is an example of what a goof ball I can be. I went to bed and I thought about making these darn ear rings alllllllll night long!! Seriously, you know how you can have something on your mind while you are sleeping and you just think about it over and over again all night... ugh, that's exactly what I did! Ridiculous, I know! Anyway ear-rings are VERY easy make and pretty stinkin' fun to do! You gotta love having something new to do!

No comments: