Monday, May 5, 2008

Card #4, Card # 5 and a little Bruschetta Jive!!

"A Card a Day in the Month of May - Card #4 and Card #5"

With Mother's Day just around the corner, here are a couple of Mother's Day cards to share! I've got to get one of these little babies in the mail! I'm great about making the cards....it's the getting them in the mail part that trips me up! The first card shown above and the photo right below was designed with K & Company's Blue Awning papers and embellishments! Such a pretty, vintage-like line.
This card below has a little K & Company, "Hannah" mixed with a "Thank you Definition" rubber stamped background and some vintage-like Music paper.

Ok, so Spring is here! Yey! Have you already started to notice how beautiful the produce in the grocery store is looking?! I have been craving a few things lately and surprisingly enough they aren't *bad* for you! The tomatoes in the stores are looking so awesome now that I've been absolutely craving some fresh homemade Bruschetta. Only catch is...I am the only one in my family who will eat it. So it's not something I would normally make. But...I couldn't resist any longer! So I started off with this big-beautiful juicy red tomato!

then...some beautiful fresh, fragrant, living Basil, which tastes as wonderful as it looks!!

A little Garlic, a little (okay...a lot) EVOO, a little Mozzarella, a nice Crusty Baguette Bread from the bakery and my craving is officially satisfied!! I think this will be lunch for the next few days! So yummy, good for you AND pretty too! ;o)
Ohhhh!! Does that not look FABULOUS!!?? I lOOOVE this stuff so much!! So...are you hungry yet?? ;o) well that's all for today. I've got an appt. I almost forgot all about! Yikes!

Edited to add: If you haven't made Bruschetta before and would like to... here is the recipe! :o)

*** *** *** *** *** *** *** ***
"Fresh Bruschetta"

1 Large, fresh red tomato, diced
2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil leaves (I confess, I don’t measure!)
1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil (ditto the confession above!)
1 clove garlic, finely chopped
16 (1/2-inch-thick) slices baguette, toasted (about 6 oz)
Stir together tomatoes, basil, olive oil and garlic.
Spoon mixture onto toasted bread slices. Serve immediately.
Makes 16 appetizers.
Optional: (for some people, but never optional for me…is a little fresh Mozzarella!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

YU-MMY!!!!! I love bruschetta and I can't remember the last time I had it...

and that blue awning...well...you know...