Tuesday, May 20, 2008

"A Card A day In the Month of May" cards"

Three girly-girl cards...simple, yet darling! I can literally spend HOURS working on one layout. I've done it for years now! Friends who have cropped with me can attest to that. ;o) Scrapping slow and taking a loooong time doesn't bother me at all. I think it's honestly another part of the whole process that I love - working on something until I know it's done, no matter how long it takes - getting totally into it. I love that. Now, one may think that designing greeting cards would naturally be quick and easy. Almost a no brainer. Especially in comparison to designing a layout. I mean greeting cards are only a portion of the size of a layout...so how much can you do? How long can they take? Well... just like a lot of people scrap faster than me, I'm certain some people make greeting cards quicker than I normally do as well, because I can spend almost as long making cards as I do layouts! ;o)
The cards I am sharing today are NOT an example of cards that I spent hours on. These were simple and quick. With the beautiful papers and coordinating embellishments that are available today, card making CAN be quick and easy and cards made quickly can turn out just as wonderful as cards you've spent a looong time making. Every card you make doesn't need to be a mini-masterpiece! The fact that you are taking any amount of time to make your own card for someone, already makes it a little more special than one you've grabbed at the grocery store.

Handmade greeting cards...simple or elaborate...you can't go wrong either way!

Paper and embellishments used: Brenda Walton's DollHouse Collection from K & Company

No comments: