Thursday, May 1, 2008

Happy May Day!!

"A Card A Day In the Month of May - Card # 2"

Isn't May a great month?? I don't even remember how many years my dad drove my mom and I house to house to deliver our little handmade May baskets to friends and my Grandparents! I remember being so excited to come home at the end of the night and find all kinds of little May baskets at our front door as well. It was so fun to deliver them and try to sneak away with out being caught! When our boys were little we kept up the May basket tradition for just a few years, always remembering to take one Granny and Sir's house! I don't even know if people do May baskets any more?? I bet there are "May Day" Text Messages being sent instead!

I know my kids like the month of May, because for them it means the end of the school year, the end of homework and SUMMER is in clear view! May is also our wedding anniversary month. This year will be our 20th! It soooo doesn't seem like it's been 20 years already! We may *look* 20 years older, but it sure did go fast!

Not nearly as sweet as May baskets, exciting as the end of the school year or romantic as a 20th wedding anniversary....I'm also excited about May because I am *hoping* to either have my big scrapbooking garage sale (the one I wanted to have last SPRING) or at least get ready for it so I can have it right away in June! I know...I know...it's kind of a funny thing to look forward to but, I have years and years of boxes and boxes of SB-ing supplies I want/need to put in this sale. I have at least a dozen boxes in the garage with "GARAGE SALE" already on them, full of nothing but SB-ing things! So I am excited. My hubby will be excited as well...to get those boxes out of the garage! LOL!

I've been working on some more High School things for another event this weekend. I just finished this (below) cork board and magnet board last night! Both of the boys want one...so they must not be *too* goofy or un-cool. LOL!




Note: today's card was designed with a variety of scraps. I'm not sure who the papers are by, but I'm pretty sure they are easily found, like say Hob Lob or Michaels. The Dragonfly rubberstamp is from "Stampendous, the Montage Collection" and the little "Thank you" sentiment is from a "Studio G $1 stamp set. Buttons from Doodle Bug and Melanie's random button jar"

No comments: