July "Summer Layouts" Class Samples Completed!
Here is the third and final layout for my July 10th Summer Layouts class. (see the first two layouts in my post below from yesterday) I just finished this one up tonight before heading out to the ballpark for a double header!
Working on the pages for this class was like getting back to my "scrapbooking roots" with paper-piecing! I've noticed over the past year by just observing what other local scrappers are doing at crops and such that paper piecing is still very much alive and a big part of the many scrapper's style and albums. It may not be what we see much of, if any of in the magazines that are hitting the stands each month, but I've also noticed that most scrappers at local crops don't appear to be doing what we see in the magazines.
Personally, I love to see scrappers still after all of these years, making their own paper-piercings! I think sometimes after you've completed a page with your own hand cut and chalked designs you just feel a different sense of pride each time you look at it. :o) I remember a time years ago when I just about couldn't do a page with out some of my own paper-piecings. That was about the same time that I (get this!!) actually had a thing against pre-made embellishments and most Gasp!! patterned papers! That was a loooong, loooong time ago and today - I am an addicted collector and user of patterned papers and I no longer have a thing against pre-made embellishments! Although, I'd be a rich woman if I did!






















2 comments:
I love this layout!! I've been on vacation and am trying to catch up on your blog.
Jennifer H.
Hi Melanie,
Just checking in to see what you have new..........love this beach layout.
Looking to see if your recipe cards are ready to sell. Thanks for sharing your great work.
Doris
Post a Comment