Saturday, June 9, 2007

Saturday's Card Making Frenzie!!


Sorry about the not so wonderful photos here. I just didn't have the best luck getting nice shots of these. :o( I might have to try again tomorrow. This is what I've been working on today. Cards and tags for QVC-UK, using Brenda Walton's "Dollhouse Collection". Six cards down, four more to go. I LOVE doing things like this!


I also worked on packaging some more kits for the Amy Butler class this coming week. (photo below) I'm such a dork...I LOVE packaging too! Remember when you were little, how fun it was to play store? Well I think part of that is still with me. When I am packaging my kits I spend forever arranging them so that what you see when you look at the kit looks all cute. :o) I think I'm kind of playing store. He-he! But, it's all about the presentation, right?!

Edited Sunday to add: Final four cards...




Ok, now...back to the Scrapper's Aprons from Linda! After I opened the priority box, here is what I found inside. :o)


Then the envelope...


A list of questions about the apron, (as she is still trying to perfect her design) a sort of a survey, along with a diagram of the pockets so she would know what I was talking about in my answers. Is she not just AWESOME!

Then the aprons. The first photo I posted yesterday (06/08/07) is of her most recent proto-type. This pink apron, shown in the photo below is the first one that she did, before making some changes. This one also belongs to Miss Kara!


The aprons are so well made! Linda really does beautiful work! One of my favorite apron features are the different size and styles of pockets. This one apron has 9 pockets! Very cool! I think she is well on her way to perfecting the design. Then it will just be a matter of choosing the fabrics, trims and accents! I can't wait until she really gets going with these and has them at her Etsy Shop.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for you kind words about the aprons! My machine is getting it's annual tune up but I'll get back to sewing the aprons soon enough!

Melanie, if you could translate just a portion of the cuteness you create from paper to fabric, it would be SO COOL! The little one with the 4 blocks and the dress would make a gorgeous quilt. :o)

Anonymous said...

WHat is the name of Linda's etsy shop?

Melanie said...

CraftApple. I will e-mail you a link to her shop!