Sharing the work of some talented ladies!
I'm working on lots of CHA projects this week. The draw back to that is that since I'm using brand new product that hasn't been introduced yet, I can't share photos here of anything I've been doing. :o(
For some reason, I hate updating my blog with out at least one photo. I think I've mentioned it before, but it stresses me out...don't ask why, because I have no idea. It's not like there is a rule in the "Book of Blog" that says you must post a photo a day or anything, but I feel like I need to. (I have issues, what can I say? ;o)
If you've visited my blog before today, you may have seen me mention a recipe swap group that I am in and the fact that I would be or had been working on some swap cards for the group, from time to time. A little over a year ago I received the nicest e-mail from a lady in Texas who had seen some of my recipe pages in an on-line Gallery. She invited me to check out a recipe SWAP group that she had coordinated. She sent me a link to the groups Gallery with an invitation to join the group if I liked what I saw. Well I loved what I saw and considered it a compliment to join their group, so I did! As a result...over past year I have been receiving some of the coolest 4"x6" recipe cards from this group!
I thought it would be fun to share some of the ladies work here. The ladies in this SWAP groups are from all over the United States and it's been a lot of fun getting to know them through a yahoo group and swapping with them each month. Being in a SWAP group like this gives you a lot of good mail days as the recipe cards trickle in each month! I've been given permission from each of these talented scrappers to share their cards with you, so check them out! You just might feel inspired to give some recipe cards a try, if you haven't already! They each inspire me! The 4"x6" size is addictive, quick to do and very easy to store!
"Stuffed Mushroom Burgers" by Ramona Downing, Ramona decorated the front of her card so stinkin' cute! The burger recipe is on the back of the card with another cute little mushroom. Shown next is "Carmel Apple Dip" by Angel Rodrique. I love the papers and colors Angel used and her inking and pen work just sets it off!
Both of these darling recipe cards above were created by Lori Hilty. Lori's cards always have the perfect embellishments accenting them. I think her "Cheddar Chicken Salad" card is adorable!

Another adorable recipe card designed by Lori Hilty for "Stop & Go Sandwiches". HOW CUTE is this!?
This next recipe card for "Cucumber Chicken Pita Sandwiches" was designed by Amy Clark (aka: Scrappin' Amy) This is so pretty in person. Amy stitched all the way around the card, printed her recipe on vellum, used a rubberstamp, did some pen work by hand, added ribbon, a silk flower and a gem! She managed to do all of these things on one little 4"x6" card! Pretty darn cool! This recipe really sounds good right now too!
This last one is one of mine. (Ingredients on the front with instructions on the back) It was kind of funny because I did this one for the group the same month that Ramona made her "Stuffed Mushroom Burgers" recipe card and her little shrooms just put mine to total shame! LOL!
I have so many more I'd like to share here, but I am waiting to hear back from a few of the ladies first, to make sure they don't mind my sharing. ;o) Maybe I will have more for you tomorrow.






















No comments:
Post a Comment