We're back!!
A friend of mine loaned us her BEAUTIFUL cabin at the lake for the weekend! It was soooo nice to get away for a quiet weekend, just the four of us. :o) I think the only thing I don't have photo's of would be the guys fishing. When they fished, I stayed at the cabin and watched chic-movies that none of them would want to watch with me! Then at night we played games and watched *manly movies*. ;o)
What an awesome weekend!!! I thought creating a mosaic with "Flickr" would be a fun (and quick) way to print and scrap all of these photos! (If you click on the mosaics you can see the photos much better) I knew I was going to use photos I took this weekend in a mosaic or collage, so some of the photos I took may seem a bit odd...just things I wanted us to remember. The ice cream at this little place we found...oh lordy it was the BEST homemade ice cream ever!! Mine (shown in the photo) was "Cherry Mash" Ahhhhh...heaven I tell you!! I have more photos not shown here. Enough i think to do another mosaic or two with. I'm thinking two 2-page layouts for the weekend. ;o)
The boys and I made a deal before we left...I asked them to leave the cell phones home, which meant no texting friends (which they would have had a hard time doing anyway clear out there...since we couldn't get a signal on our phones) and they asked me not to do any scrapping. (ouch!!) Yes, I did sneak a few clear stamps, some ink, water color crayons and cardstock in one of my bags...to stamp when they fished, but I didn't do it! I was afraid they would come back and catch me!! ;o) We all had a great time and it was unanimous on the way home...we ALL want to go again!






















3 comments:
What a terrific trip! We live for our week with family every year at Lake of the Ozarks. Something about the clean air and peaceful waters that just relax the soul. Glad your back...missing your blog. Kara
Welcome back!
Jeanne
The cabin looks awesome and it looks like you had a lot of fun! Welcome back!!!
Jennifer H.
Post a Comment