Happy National Scrapbooking Weekend!!
Hopefully you had a chance to do something fun to celebrate yesterday! I did! Friday morning I decided I would see if it was too late to go to a 15 hour CROP some friends of mine had invited me to earlier. I wasn't positive that I was going to be able to go, so I hadn't signed up in advance.
Just a few minutes after I sent a e-mail to the gals putting the CROP on, one of my friends called me to see if I wanted her FREE spot to CROP (at this same CROP I was trying to get into!) So...that's what I did. I spent the day cropping with my good friend Bette! It's always great to get to play with Bette!! Several other friends I don't get to see that often were there also! Fun day! I didn't know for sure I was going until the day before, so I hadn't spent my usual couple of nights planning and packing for the CROP, but I knew I wanted, if nothing else to make both of my Mother's Day gifts at the CROP. I ended up spending the whole day making them and finished them both! Mission accomplished! (I can't share photo's here of what I made until after Mother's Day, because both Mothers know about my blog!
This CROP was put on by Diva Designs Crops. (http://www.divadesignscrops.com/) Check them out!
You can clearly see they have put a lot of preparation into the CROPS ahead of time! They really go out of their way to make them fun for everyone! They provide a place & space to crop. They bring in several vendors to come and stay through out the crop for your shopping pleasures! They have some fun little games and trivia you can play for prizes *if you want to* and they have regular, random prize drawings as well through out the entire day! I think I heard them say they had a total of $1200 in prizes yesterday! There were between 70 and 80 ladies signed up for this crop.
Through out the day I won a random door prize once and I did one trivia game which they said I was the *ONLY* scrapper to get every answer correct! LOL! ( See I told you I live and breath for this scrapping stuff!) so I won another prize for the trivia game! When you arrived at the crop in the morning you were give four tickets to enter into either one of two Grand Prizes you wanted chances to win. One was a Sizzix Die cutting machine with a complete set of Alphabet Dies and the other was the new "Clip It Up"! I put my tickets into the "Clip It Up" jar. They pulled the tickets for those two Grand Prizes at 7:00 last night. And.........I WON THE CLIP IT UP!!! The bottom tier (base) AND the top tier! Here she is at home now on my Strawberry sofa, just waiting to be put together! With the Clip It Up, I also won the travel/dust cover that goes with it! I didn't even know these little babies had a travel/dust cover! Love that!
How cool is that! I had seen these on line and thought how way cool it would be to have one, but they are purdy expensive! I don't think I've ever won a "Grand Prize" before in my life! I almost didn't win this one because after they pulled the ticket and read the number I checked mine and didn't realize i had won at first. No one answered that they won and they were almost ready to draw another name, when I realized they had called MY number! Yey!! Super Fun Day!!
Sunday, May 6, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






















2 comments:
Congrats! I want it when you are tired of it. Sounds like a great day. Kara
hi there! I was wondering if you ended up going. Sounds like it was worth it!
Jeanne
Post a Comment