Don't cha just love a good apron!?

Yep, today we're going to talk about "aprons"! Do you wear them? Do you like them? Do you wish that your waist would look just like the model's waist on the vintage apron pattern shown here to the right, if you were wearing it?! :o) Do aprons also remind you of the old days and just give you the warm fuzzies? I mean seriously, Ma Ingalls wore an apron. Momma Walton & Grandma Walton always wore aprons. Since I still have a soft spot in my heart for "Little House on the Prairie" and "The Waltons", both shows from "my old days" - it should come as no great surprise that I would have a thing for aprons, right?
Well I do and ever since I stopped working I've been kind of obsessing over them! (If you know me, you already know that I do have a somewhat obsessive personality! It's always something!) Right now...I just want to wear aprons! LOL! But darn it...you can't just go to Kohls and buy aprons and unfortunately I do not sew! I have a "like new" sewing machine, mind you, but basically I have close to no clue how to use it. Now for some reason, that didn't stop me from buying an apron pattern a few weeks ago AND fabric for two aprons!!! (I am a mess, aren't I?! :o) So here I am with this pattern that I take out every once in a while, look at and think to myself, "Good grief I have no clue how to do this!" and then I put it away again! LOL! I am hoping to sweet talk my MIL into making this for me when she comes for a visit in a couple of weeks! :o)
After looking at aprons all over the net, (no, I am not ashamed to admit I've done this! LOL!) I'm excited to say that aprons are BACK IN STYLE folks!! It's not just me!!! I've read articles online about this very thing! I kid you not! Here is one. and here is another! If you go to Etsy.com and search "apron", over 115 pages come up with beautiful handcrafted aprons! When I saw that I knew I wasn't crazy to be obsessing over aprons...nor was I alone! They are not only back but they are cuter than ever! Did you know there are apron websites (yep!) Check this one out, "Sommer Designs"
I've only bought one apron so far. It's a adorable little apron from a talented girl named Linda. (aka: Craft Apple Creations on Etsy.com) It's actually designed as a seamstress apron. I bought mine to use when teaching classes or working on classes at home. Linda does beautiful work! You can see her Etsy shop, "Craft Apple Creations" here.
The fabric used for the apron I bought just coincidentally matched some Daisy D's paper from a newer collection that I love, so that was kind of a deal maker there! LOL! The apron shown below is the same style as mine and also one of Linda's creations! Did I not tell you how adorable her things are!?! If this one would have been available when i bought mine I so would have snapped it up! The "happy" colorful fabric just say's, "SCRAPBOOKER!!" to me! I LOOOVE this fabric! 
Linda and I started corresponding back and forth (because she is so sweet and fun and she is now my friend! :o) I had mentioned to her that I wanted the apron she designed to use when teaching my scrapbooking classes or just for working on my scrap stuff at home. Linda said that more scrapbookers have bought her aprons than anyone else and she she decided to try to design a apron specifically for scrapbookers! AND...she offered to make me one for helping her with ideas and input! :o)
This talented seamstress designs and creates her own patterns and she has been working on this for alittle while now. Just the other day I opened my e-mail to find another sweet note from Linda, only this one had two photos of the new "Scrapbookers Apron" proto-type #1 in it!! 

This is only her first proto-type, she may make some changes, additions etc., but so far I am already loving it! I can't wait to see it with the pom-pom trim and other little embellishments we've talked about adding to it! These scrapbooker aprons are going to be so stinkin' cute when she is finished, I can't wait!
I'll post pics here on my blog as she continues to work on these and you can also check out Linda's blog here. You need to check out her blog just to read her description of the "Scrapbooker's Apron"...and all of the amazing features this little baby has! :o) Did I mention she is *funny* too!?
Feel free to leave a comment with any suggestions as to what you, as a scrapbooker would like to see in a scrapbooker's apron! The more input and ideas the better!!






















3 comments:
I love the apron...it puts mine to shame. I love her portfolio, notepad holder, pen thing. The colors look like bubble gum. I want it. Kara
Your apron is DARLING Kara!!!!!!!!! Which is exactly why I left you that crazy phone message when I saw it!! LOL!
Mel
What a fun post! I'm so flattered that after searching the ENTIRE WWW, you bought MINE!!!!
Aprons are so fun. And practical! I can't believe they ever went out of style.
I look forward to coming back and hearing any suggestions!
Post a Comment